SrI: SrImathE SatakOpAya nama: SrImathE rAmAnujAya nama: SrImath varavaramunayE nama:
thirunedunthaNdakam is written by thirumangai AzhvAr . It is said to be his last prabandham before he ascended to paramapadham but is considered as one of the most important ones among dhivya prabandhams.
thirumangai AzhvAr’s avathAra thirunakshathram is ‘kArththigaiyil kArththigai’, and he was born in thirukkuraiyalUr.
periyavAchchAn piLLai has written vyAkyAnam (commentary) for this prabandham of thirunedunthANdakam.
‘thANdakam’ is a type of thamizh poetry in which this prabandham is set.
‘nedum’ indicates longer one (as opposed to thirukkurunthANdakam which is a shorter one).
- thirumangai AzhvAr’s vaibhavam is available at the following page: http://guruparamparai.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/thirumangai-azhwar/
- vaibhavam of SrI parAsara bhattar is available at the following page: http://guruparamparai.wordpress.com/2012/09/11/parasara-bhattar/
- vaibhavam of nanjeeyar is available at the following page: http://guruparamparai.wordpress.com/2012/09/14/nanjiyar/
- vaibhavam of periyavAchchAn piLLai is available at the following page: http://guruparamparai.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/periyavachan-pillai/
About the translation
An attempt is made here to translate in English the vyAkyAnam of thirunedunthANdakam – or at least parts of vyAkyAnam of each pAsuram.
For this translation, adiyOngaL (we) will be perusing the following invaluable sources.
- periyavAchchAn piLLai‘s vyAkyAnam in maNipravALam style, and puththUr swami’s explanations of it.
- kAlakshEpam recordings of great scholars, on this prabandham.
With the blessings of asmadhAchAryan, AzhwAr, emperumAnAr, and jIyar we shall proceed with the translation. We invite you to come in and immerse yourself in the divine meanings of this wonderful and essential prabandham.
- avathArikai (introduction)
- pAsuram 1
- pAsuram 2
- pAsuram 3
- pAsuram 4
- pAsuram 5
- pAsuram 6
- pAsuram 7
- pAsuram 8
- pAsuram 9
- pAsuram 10
- pAsuram 11
- pAsuram 12
- pAsuram 13
- pAsuram 14
- pAsuram 15
- pAsuram 16
- pAsuram 17
- pAsuram 18
- pAsuram 19
- pAsuram 20
- pAsuram 21
- pAsuram 22
- pAsuram 23
- pAsuram 24
- pAsuram 25
- pAsuram 26
- pAsuram 27
- pAsuram 28
- pAsuram 29
- pAsuram 30 (Conclusion)
Translation by raghuram SrInivAsa dAsan
archived in http://divyaprabandham.koyil.org