SrI: SrImathE SatakOpAya nama: SrImathE rAmAnujAya nama: SrImath varavaramunayE nama:
Introduction for this pAsuram
Highlights from thirukkurukaippirAn piLLAn‘s introduction
No specific introduction.
Highlights from nanjIyar‘s introduction
In the seventh pAsuram, AzhwAr says “You think about thirukkadiththAnam in your heart to get rid of all your sorrows”.
Highlights from vAdhi kEsari azhagiya maNavALa jIyar‘s introduction
See nanjIyar‘s introduction.
Highlights from periyavAchchAn piLLai‘s introduction
See nampiLLai‘s introduction.
Seventh pAsuram. You need not even praise thirukkadiththAnam to eliminate your sorrows; just thinking about it is sufficient – says AzhwAr.
koNmin idar keda uLLaththuk kOvindhan
maN viN muzhudhum aLandha oN thAmarai
maNNavar thAm thozha vAnavar thAm vandhu
naNNu thirukkadiththAna nagarE
Word-by-Word meanings (based on vAdhi kEsari azhagiya maNavALa jIyar‘s 12000 padi)
gOvindhan – emperumAn who is having the radiance of being sarvasulabha (easily approachable by all), his
maN – earth
viN – higher world
muzhudhum – without leaving anything
aLandha – measured and accepted
oN – greatly enjoyable
thAmarai – divine lotus feet
maNNavar – residents of earth
thAm – considering to be exclusively enjoyable for them
thozha – as they worship
vAnavar – the residents of paramapadham (who eternally enjoy emperumAn)
thAm – them too
vandhu – arriving here (to enjoy his great simplicity)
naNNu – to attain him
thirukkadiththAnam – thirukkadiththAnam
nagarai – town
idar – sorrows
keda – to eliminate
uLLaththu – in the heart
koNmin – try to keep
Simple translation (based on vAdhi kEsari azhagiya maNavALa jIyar‘s 12000 padi)
The greatly enjoyable divine lotus feet of emperumAn measured and accepted his own earth and higher world without leaving anything; as the residents of this world worship them considering them to be exclusively enjoyable for them and as the residents of paramapadham too arrive here to attain him at thirukkadiththAnam, you try to keep that town in your heart to eliminate all your sorrows.
Highlights from thirukkurukaippirAn piLLAn‘s vyAkyAnam
See vAdhi kEsari azhagiya maNavALa jIyar‘s translation.
Highlights from nanjIyar‘s vyAkyAnam
See nampiLLai‘s vyAkyAnam.
Highlights from periyavAchchAn piLLai‘s vyAkyAnam
See nampiLLai‘s vyAkyAnam.
- koLmin … – Think about thirukkadiththAnam in your heart; that will eliminate all your sorrows.
- gOvindhan – sarvasulabhan’s.
- maN viN muzhudhum aLandha oN thAmarai – emperumAn measured and accepted the earth and the sky with a lotus flower.
- maNNavar thAm thozha – to be worshipped by the residents of earth, who don’t know to distinguish between left and right hands; as paramapadham remains exclusively for nithyasUris [and mukthAthmAs], dhivya dhESams [which are said in thamizh as ugandharuLina nilam] remain exclusively for samsAris (worldly people).
- vAnavar … – thinking about emperumAn‘s simplicity of manifesting himself for the sake of samsAris, nithyasUris too approach thirukkadiththAnam – keep it in your heart/mind to eliminate your sorrows fully. The residents of samsAram (material realm) go to paramapadham to enjoy his supremacy; the residents of paramapadham (spiritual realm) come to samsAram to enjoy his simplicity.
In the next article we will enjoy the next pAsuram.
adiyen sarathy ramanuja dasan
archived in http://divyaprabandham.koyil.org