SrI: SrImathE SatakOpAya nama: SrImathE rAmAnujAya nama: SrImath varavaramunayE nama:
Highlights from vAdhi kEsari azhagiya maNavALa jIyar‘s introduction
In the second centum – AzhwAr mercifully explained sarvEsvaran, the supreme lord due to his qualities such as supremacy etc., being the means for protecting everyone in all manner and subsequently desiring to explain him being the goal in this centum, starts explaining the aspects of his being greatly enjoyable such as
- even momentary separation from him causing great sorrow
- his magnificent, lofty elegance
- his completely tasteful, divine bliss
- he being the one who removes the distress of not uniting with him
- his divine beauty etc., which remove the grief of the one who approaches him and gives that person bliss
- the fear of separating from such emperumAn for his devotees who unite with him
- protecting the ones who are surrendered along with their descendants, family etc.
- bestowing liberation which is the pinnacle of protection
- showing total dependence which is the essence of liberation
- having suitable qualities to reciprocate to his devotees
Highlights from nampiLLai‘s introduction
- In the first centum, AzhwAr established that the ultimate goal is to perform bhagavath kainkaryam (service to bhagavAn).
- In the second centum, he eliminated the weeds in such kainkaryam.
- In the third centum, he explained that kainkaryam where the weeds are eliminated is bhagavath kainkaryam which leads all the way to bhAgavatha kainkaryam (serving bhagavAn‘s devotees).
- In the fourth centum, he explained that aiSwaryam (worldly wealth) and kaivalyam (self-enjoyment) are the hurdles for such kainkaryam.
- In the fifth centum, he explained that emperumAn is the only one who can remove those hurdles.
- In the sixth centum, he surrenders unto the lotus feet of such emperumAn who eliminates the hurdles.
- In the seventh centum, seeing that even after surrendering to emperumAn with the purushakAram (recommendation) of srI mahAlakshmi, as in the case of “dhagdhapata nyAya” (a cloth which is burnt, but seemingly looks alright), he is still in samsAram (material world), he becomes very dejected.
- In the eighth centum, AzhwAr thinks “I may be suffering in samsAram even after becoming a surrendered person as in the case of “dhagdhapata nyAya”, due to my attachments to myself and the objects owned by me” and declares that he is detached from everything [other than emperumAn].
- In the ninth centum, AzhwAr wonders why he is still not protected (liberated), emperumAn says “I am nArAyaNan; one who has all capabilities; I will fulfil all your desires” and he becomes overwhelmed by emperumAn‘s qualities.
- In the tenth centum, AzhwAr mercifully explains how emperumAn seeing his urgency, descends to thirumOgUr, shows archirAdhi gathi (the path that starts with archis and leads up to paramapadham) and fulfills his desires.
We will see each thiruvAimozhi (decad) in detail.
- mudhal thiruvAimozhi – First decad – “vAyum” (e-book – https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=32ECDEC5E2737323!219&authkey=!AFX83Z_VGBPnpgI&ithint=file%2cpdf)
- iraNdAm thiruvAimozhi – Second decad – “thiNNan“ (e-book – https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=32ECDEC5E2737323!226&authkey=!ABJ9ZKO1EbuAgNA&ithint=file%2cpdf)
- mUnRAm thiruvAimozhi – Third decad – “UnilvAzh“ (e-book – https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=32ECDEC5E2737323!230&authkey=!ANz5S9xaFl88wOg&ithint=file%2cpdf)
- nAngAm thiruvAimozhi – Fourth decad – “AdiyAdi” (e-book – https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=32ECDEC5E2737323!237&authkey=!APm2T-idmB52OFM&ithint=file%2cpdf)
- aindhAm thiruvAimozhi – Fifth decad – “andhAmaththanbu” (e-book – https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=32ECDEC5E2737323!238&authkey=!AKSfZc4_6DLyKnE&ithint=file%2cpdf)
- ARAm thiruvAimozhi – Sixth decad – “vaikundhA” (e-book – https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=32ECDEC5E2737323!239&authkey=!AG3lXeA8pWwUpms&ithint=file%2cpdf )
- EzhAm thiruvAimozhi – Seventh decad – “kEsavan thamar“ (e-book – https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=32ECDEC5E2737323!242&authkey=!ADpbRJCRGec1xpM&ithint=file%2cpdf)
- ettAm thiruvAimozhi – Eighth decad – “aNaivathu“ (e-book – https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiNzc-LF3uwygXYkqVUfGdY4FoMP)
- onbathAm thiruvAimozhi – Ninth decad – “emmAvIdu“ (e-book – https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiNzc-LF3uwygXiHxA9WXbIqJit0)
- paththAm thiruvAimozhi – Tenth decad – “kiLaroLi“ (e-book – https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiNzc-LF3uwyggVVojPcXtdbRjkk)
- Full centum – e-book – https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiNzc-LF3uwyggav3f291wq7Gkm2
adiyen sarathy ramanuja dasan
archived in http://divyaprabandham.koyil.org