SrI: SrImathE SatakOpAya nama: SrImathE rAmAnujAya nama: SrImath varavaramunayE nama:
Highlights from avathArikai (Introduction)
No specific introduction.
kAnidai uruvaich chudu saram thurandhu
kaNdumun kodundhozhil uravOn
Unudai agalaththu adukaNai kuLippa
Uyir kavarndhu ugandha em oruvan
thEnudaik kamalaththayanodu dhEvar
senRu senRu iRainjida perugu
vAnidai mudhunIrk kangaiyin karaimEl
kAnidai – in the forest
uruvai – the illusory deer
kaNdu – saw
sudu saram – arrow which will burn
thurandhu – shooting (at it)
mun – on the day when surgrIva surrendered
kodum thozhil – cruel activity
uravOn – on vAli who is strong as well
Un udai – filled with flesh
agalaththu – on the chest
adu kaNai – the killer arrow
kuLippa – to pierce
uyir – (his) life
kavarndhu – took away
ugandha – and became pleased
em oruvan – my lord who has matchless strength
thEn udai – having honey
kamalaththu – born in the lotus flower in emperumAn’s divine navel
ayanodu – with brahmA
dhEvar – dhEvathAs
senRu senRu – pushing each other and entered
iRainjida – to bathe [and purify oneself] before surrendering
vAnidai – on the sky
mudhu nIr – the ancient water
perugu – flowing greatly
gangaiyin karai mEl – on the banks of gangA
vadhariyAchchiramaththu uLLAn – is mercifully residing in SrI badharIkASramam
My lord who has matchless strength shot the arrow which will burn when he saw the illusory deer in the forest; he took away the life of vAli who has cruel activity and strength, by shooting the killer arrow to pierce his chest which is filled with flesh, when sugrIva took refuge, and became pleased; such emperumAn is mercifully residing in SrI badharIkASramam on the banks of gangA where the ancient water is greatly flowing from the sky, as brahmA who was born in the honey-filled lotus flower in emperumAn’s divine navel, entered along with other dhEvathAs pushing each other, to bathe before surrendering to emperumAn.
Highlights from vyAkyAnam (Commentary)
- kAn … – The illusory deer which was roaming around in the forest which was its natural habitat. Seeing that,
- sudu saram thurandhu – Seeing the deer which was hiding and appearing in front of others, shooting the arrow which cannot be tolerated; this was previously.
- kodum thozhil … – He made the killer arrow pierce the fleshy, vast chest of vAli who had cruel activity, and took away his life in that manner and became pleased thinking “We eliminated the enemy of sugrIva mahArAjar”. Such emperumAn with matchless strength.
- thEn … – Along with dhEvathAs, brahmA who has emperumAn’s divine navel lotus as the birth place, pushed each other and entered, and as they started bathing to surrender to emperumAn, the ancient water which remains still, started overflowing. Just as kAviri river originates from sahyam (mountai), here bhagavAn’s lotus feet are the origin for gangA.
- vAnidai munnIr – The ancient water flowing down from sky.
In the next article we will enjoy the next pAsuram.
adiyen sarathy ramanuja dasan
archived in http://divyaprabandham.koyil.org