SrI: SrImathE SatakOpAya nama: SrImathE rAmAnujAya nama: SrImath varavaramunayE nama:
Introduction for this pAsuram
Highlights from thirukkurukaippirAn piLLAn‘s introduction
No specific introduction.
Highlights from nanjIyar‘s introduction
In the sixth pAsuram – AzhwAr says bhagavAn alone is the ISwara (controller) since he protects all chith (sentient) and achith (insentient) by keeping them in his stomach (during praLayam – dissolution).
Highlights from vAdhi kEsari azhagiya maNavALa jIyar‘s introduction
Highlights from periyavAchchAn piLLai‘s introduction
See nanjIyar‘s introduction.
எவரும் யாவையும் எல்லாப் பொருளும்
கவர்வு இன்றித் தன்னுள் ஒடுங்க நின்ற
பவர் கொள் ஞான வெள்ளச் சுடர் மூர்த்தி
அவர் எம் ஆழி அம் பள்ளியாரே
yavarum yAvaiyum ellAp poruLum
kavarvu inRith thannuL odunga ninRa
pavar koL gyAna veLLach chudar mUrththi
avar em Azhi ampaLLiyArE
Word-by-Word meanings (based on vAdhi kEsari azhagiya maNavALa jIyar‘s 12000 padi)
yavarum – all chEthanas (sentient beings)
yAvaiyum – all achEthnas (insentient objects)
ellAp poruLum – all such objects
kavarvinRi – effortlessly
thannuL – within a part of him
odunga – being subdued
ninRa – stayed
pavarkoL – having vastness
gyAnaveLLam – abundance of knowledge
sudar – having it as a glow
mUrthi – one who is the master
avar – that emperumAn who is greater than all
em – being enjoyable for us
am – spectacular
Azhi – in the milk ocean
paLLiyAr – resting there
Simple transalation (based on vAdhi kEsari azhagiya maNavALa jIyar‘s 12000 padi)
Our lord and master, who effortlessly consumes all objects – chEthanas and achEthanas, and keeps them inside (his stomach) and stays having vast and abundant knowledge as his glow, who is enjoyable for us, is resting in the spectacular milk ocean. sudar mUrthi can also be explained as vigraham (divine form).
Highlights from thirukkurukaippirAn piLLAn‘s vyAkyAnam
See vAdhi kEsari azhagiya maNavALa jIyar‘s translation.
Highlights from nanjIyar‘s vyAkyAnam
See nampiLLai‘s vyAkyAnam.
Highlights from periyavAchchAn piLLai‘s vyAkyAnam
See nampiLLai‘s vyAkyAnam.
- yavarum yAvaiyum ellAp poruLum – During praLayam, consuming all such entities such as chEthanas (sentient) and achEthanas (insentient) and keeping them in his stomach
- kavarvinRi – without crushing/troubling them (in his stomach)
- thannuL odunga ninRa – As explained by mArkaNdEya rishi to yudhishtra in mahAbhAratham AraNya parvam “thadhapaSyam aham sarvam thasya kukshau mahAthmana:” (I have seen inside vishNu’s stomach all movable/immovable objects which are seen here now). It can also be explained as within a small portion of his divine will.
- pavarkoL gyAnaveLLach chudar mUrthi – Having the vast abundant knowledge that is required to protect them, and having a divine form that manifests his emotions “I am so happy to protect them”.
- em Azhi am paLLiyArE – Since he is in this samsAram (material realm), he speaks on behalf of all the residents here and says “to protect us, you have descended here and having this kshIrArNavam as a beautiful bed”. It is explained in thamizh nigaNdu (grammar book) “pAyalum paLLiyum pAzhiyum padukkai” (Bed is indicated by the following words pAyal, paLLi, pAzhi). Thus, he is the ISwara (lord and master) because he is the one who helps during difficulties and he is most beautiful.
In the next article we will enjoy the next pAsuram.
adiyen sarathy ramanuja dasan
archived in http://divyaprabandham.koyil.org
pramEyam (goal) – http://koyil.org
pramANam (scriptures) – http://srivaishnavagranthams.wordpress.com
pramAthA (preceptors) – http://acharyas.koyil.org
SrIvaishNava education/kids portal – http://pillai.koyil.org