srImathE satakOpAya nama:
srImathE rAmAnujAya nama:
srImath varavaramunayE nama:
Introduction for this pAsuram
Highlights from thirukkurukaippirAn piLLAn‘s introduction
No specific introduction.
Highlights from nanjIyar‘s introduction
Highlights from vAdhi kEsari azhagiya maNavALa jIyar‘s introduction
See nanjIyar‘s introduction.
Highlights from periyavAchchAn piLLai‘s introduction
See nampiLLai‘s introduction.
Tenth pAsuram – AzhwAr started talking about emperumAn‘s nIrmai (Arjavam/sincerity in this case) and said “Am I qualified to speak about that? Should it not be spoken by vEdham fiercely like great tides rising out of an ocean?”.
nAthan gyAlam koL pAdhan ennammAn
Otham pOl kiLar vEdha nIranE
Word-by-Word meanings (based on vAdhi kEsari azhagiya maNavALa jIyar‘s 12000 padi)
nAthan – being unconditional master for all
gyAlam – (to sustain his lordship over) all worlds
koL – accepted/spread-over (without discriminating)
pAdhan – one with the divine feet
ennammAn – (due to that) being my distinct master
Otham pOl – like an ocean
kiLar – rising high (glorifying and revealing its heart)
vEdham – one who is spoken by vEdham
nIran – one who has the quality of nIrmai (Arjavam – sincerity in this case)
Simple transalation (based on vAdhi kEsari azhagiya maNavALa jIyar‘s 12000 padi)
emperumAn, being the lord of all, having the divine feet that spread over all worlds without discrimination to establish his lordship over them, the one who is my master due to that, is the most sincere one who is spoken by vEdham like the rising tides of an ocean.
Highlights from thirukkurukaippirAn piLLAn‘s vyAkyAnam
See vAdhi kEsari azhagiya maNavALa jIyar‘s translation.
Highlights from nanjIyar‘s vyAkyAnam
See nampiLLai‘s vyAkyAnam.
Highlights from periyavAchchAn piLLai‘s vyAkyAnam
See nampiLLai‘s vyAkyAnam.
- nAthan – Controller of all.
- gyAlam koL pAdhan – One who spread his lotus feet over the heads of all irrespective of them being vasishta (most learned/disciplined) or chaNdALa (most ignorant/indisciplined).
- ennammAn – one who transformed me to be totally existing for him by manifesting these two qualties of supremacy and simplicity.
- nAthan – The one who has mEnmai (supremacy/lordship) over all as explained in the first pAsuram.
- gyAlam koL pAdhan – The one who has nIrmai (simplicity/easy -approachability) in his avathArams as explained in the second pAsuram.
- ennammAn – One who is present in thirumalai so that I too can approach him. AzhwAr is thinking about third pAsuram where he said “kaNNAvAn” (one who is visible).
- Otham pOl kiLar vEdha nIranE – While speaking about his glories such as these, one should depend on vEdham which speaks about his nIrmai (Arjavam) as a fierce ocean with rising tides [i.e., vEdham establishing the glories most clearly and loudly]. nIrmai – Arjavam – honesty/sincerity.
In the next article we will enjoy the next pAsuram.
adiyen sarathy ramanuja dasan
archived in http://divyaprabandham.koyil.org
pramEyam (goal) – http://koyil.org
pramANam (scriptures) – http://srivaishnavagranthams.wordpress.com
pramAthA (preceptors) – http://acharyas.koyil.org
srIvaishNava education/kids portal – http://pillai.koyil.org