SrI: SrImathE SatakOpAya nama: SrImathE rAmAnujAya nama: SrImath varavaramunayE nama:
Highlights from avathArikai (Introduction)
No specific introduction.
koNdal mArudhangaL kulavarai thogunIrk
kuraikadal ulagudan anaiththum
uNda mAvayiRROn oNsudar Eyndha
umbarum Uzhiyum AnAn
aNdam UdaRuththu anRu andharaththu izhindhu
angu avaniyAL alamara perugum
maNdu mAmaNinIrk kangaiyin karaimEl
koNdal – clouds
mArudhangaL – groups of winds
kula varai – anchoring mountains
thogu nIr – having abundance of water
kurai – making sound
kadal – oceans
ulagu udan – with earth
anaiththum – and all other objects
uNda – being the one who mercifully consumed
mA – huge
vayiRROn – one who has a stomach
oL – shining
sudar – chandhra (moon) and sUrya (sun)
Eyndha – having
umbarum – higher worlds
Uzhiyum – kalpas (time – brahmA’s days)
AnAn – sarvESvaran who is having as prakAram (form)
anRu – when bhagIratha was bringing gangA down
aNdam – brahma lOkam (abode of brahmA)
Udu aRuththu – finding a way through
andharaththu – from sky
izhindhu – coming down
avaniyAL – SrI bhUmip pirAtti
alamara – to cause anguish (being unable to bear)
perugum – flowing
maNdu – being dense
mA – being abundant
maNi – clear
nIr – having water
gangaiyin karai mEl – on the banks of gangA
vadhariyAchchirAmaththuLLAnE – is residing in SrI badharIkASramam
sarvESvaran mercifully consumed clouds, groups of winds, anchoring mountains, oceans which make sound and having abundant water, the earth and all other objects, and placed them in his huge stomach; he is having the higher worlds which have chandhra and sUrya, and time as his form; such emperumAn is residing in SrI badharIkASramam on the banks of gangA which is having dense, abundant and clear water which is flowing down to cause anguish to SrI bhUmip pirAtti when bhagIratha was bringing it down finding a way through brahmalOkam and while falling down on earth.
Highlights from vyAkyAnam (Commentary)
- koNdal mArudhangaL – Clouds, group of winds, anchoring mountains, ocean which is having abundance of water and making sound, earth along with all the objects, were placed in …
- mA vayiRROn – Even after placing all of these in his stomach, the stomach had so much more space left. He is known as said in thiruvAimozhi 2.2.7 “val vayiRRup perumAn” (the lord who has very strong stomach).
- oN sudar … – He had the higher worlds which have moon and sun and the deluge which is an aspect of time, as his forms, to be identified directly as him. They were the forms and he was the substratum.
- aNdam … – aNdam – brahmalOkam. Finding a way in there, falling into the sky which is beneath brahmalOkam, and came down with great force to cause anguish even to SrI bhUmip pirAtti who can bear anything.
- maNdu mA maNi nIr – On the banks of gangA which has vast and clear water.
In the next article we will enjoy the next pAsuram.
adiyen sarathy ramanuja dasan
archived in http://divyaprabandham.koyil.org