SrI: SrImathE SatakOpAya nama: SrImathE rAmAnujAya nama: SrImath varavaramunayE nama:
How is that done? Though emperumAn is SeelavAn (simple), as he is Sriya:pathi (lord of SrI mahAlakshmi) and paripUrNa (fully complete), can a lowly person with lowly tools approach and worship him matching his greatness? His Sriya:pathithvam is the cause for his simplicity which makes him accept the worshipper without seeing the defects, and his paripUrNathvam makes him feel happy by accepting whatever is offered by anyone without seeing the defects. In thiruvAimozhi 1.6 “parivadhil Isan“, AzhwAr mercifully explained that he is easily worshippable with leaf, flower etc; mAmunigaL mercifully explains this starting with “parivadhil Isan padiyai“.
parivadhil Isan padiyaip paNbudanE pEsi
ariyan alan ArAdhanaikkenRu – urimaiyudan
Odhi aruL mARan ozhiviththAn ivvulagil
pEdhaiyargaL thangaL piRappu
parivadhu il – one who is opposite of all defects
Isan – sarvESvaran’s
padiyai – nature (of being easily worshippable)
paNbudanE pEsi – as he is complete by nature, mercifully explaining how he is satisfied with whatever is offered to him
ArAdhanaikku – for thiruvArAdhanam (worship)
ariyan alan enRu – saying that he is not difficult
urimaiyudan – with close friendship
Odhi aruL mARan – AzhwAr who mercifully spoke (these pAsurams)
ivvulagil – in this world
pEdhaiyargaL thangaL – ignorant people’s
piRappu – birth
ozhiviththAn – mercifully eliminated.
AzhwAr who mercifully spoke with close friendship, explained the nature of sarvESvaran who is opposite of all defects, saying “sarvESvaran, being complete by nature, is satisfied with whatever is offered to him, and is not difficult to perform thiruvArAdhanam” and mercifully eliminated the birth [old-age, disease and death] for the ignorant people in this world.
Highlights from vyAkyAnam
- parivadhil Isan padiyai – The easily worshippable nature of emperumAn who is opposite of all defects and abode of all auspicious qualities.
- paNbudanE pEsi – AzhwAr, mercifully explaining his easily satisfiable nature as he is fully complete. mAmunigaL is following what is said by AzhwAr starting with “parivadhil Isanai” up to “purivadhuvum pugai pUvE” [1st pAsuram]. Alternatively, paNbudanE pEsi could be explained as AzhwAr speaking with noble quality of being unable to sustain himself without speaking about emperumAn‘s easily worshippable nature.
- ariyan alan ArAdhanaikku enRu – As he is easily worshippable with leaf, flower etc, saying that he is worshippable by Sabari as in SrI rAmAyaNam bAla kANdam 1.57 “SabaryA pUjithas samyak” (was well honoured by Sabari)
- urimaiyudan Odhi aruL mARan – AzhwAr who mercifully spoke with close friendliness. That is, his merciful statements starting from surrender up to his granting the results as in “edhuvEdhu en paNi ennAdhu adhuvE Atcheyyum IdE” (instead of saying “I am unqualified to serve him matching his greatness”, one should consider the desire to serve him in all ways as the qualification.) [2nd pAsuram], “uL kalandhArkkOramudhE” (he is nectar for those who unite with him deeply) [5th pAsuram], “amudhilum ARRa iniyan” (sweeter than nectar) [6th pAsuram], “thALgaL thalaiyil vaNangi nAL kadalaik kazhiminE” (spend the remaining days by worshipping his divine feet with the head) [7th pAsuram], “avanaith thozhudhAl” (if we worship him) [8th pAsuram] and “tharuma arum payanAya thirumagaLAr thanik kELvan” (emperumAn who has such greatness of lakshmI sambandham will bestow the goal which is difficult to accomplish) [9th pAsuram].
- ozhiiviththAn ivvulagil pEdhaiyargaL thangaL piRappu – By instructing like this, AzhwAr eliminated the birth [old-age, disease and death] for ignorant people of this world. In this world, he eliminated the connection of the ignorant ones to birth, with his divine words. This is following what is said by AzhwAr in “Edhamil Ayiraththippaththu Odha vallAr piRavArE” (those who can recite this decad among the faultless thousand pAsurams, will not be born again”.
adiyen sarathy ramanuja dasan
archived in http://divyaprabandham.koyil.org