SrI: SrImathE SatakOpAya nama: SrImathE rAmAnujAya nama: SrImath varavaramunayE nama:
ALavandhAr says – When will I give up attachment to worldly aspects and engage in kainkaryam for your pleasure to fulfil the purpose of my existence, unto your highness who is complete in the previously explained svarUpam (nature), rUpa (form), guNa (qualities) and vibhUthi (wealth, opulence, control) [explained in from 32nd SlOkam to the previous SlOkam]?
praSAntha niSSEsha manOrathAnthara: |
kadhA’hamaikAnthika nithya kinkara:
praharshayishyAmi sanAthajIvitha: ||
Word by word meaning
bhavantham Eva – you only
nirantharam – continuously
anucharan – following
praSAntha niSSEsha manOrathAnthra: – being relieved from all other attachments with the trace
aikAnthika nithya kinkara: – having eternal kainkaryam
sanAtha jIvitha: – living with a purpose
kadhA aham praharshayishyAmi – when I will please you only?
Being relieved from all other attachments with the trace and continuously following you only, when will I please you only by having eternal kainkaryam [to you] and by living with a purpose?
- bhavantham – Your highness who is complete in svarUpa, rUpa, guNa and vibhava. The completeness that is explained in thiruvAimozhi 7.10.1 “inbam payakka … ALginRa engaL pirAn” (our lord who is comfortably situated along with his divine consorts and rules over everything), is highlighted here.
- Eva – As said in thiruvAimozhi 2.9.4 “thanakkEyAga” (exclusively for emperumAn), whatever my favourable acts are, let them be fully for your pleasure only.
- anucharan – Following emperumAn as said in parama samhithA “yEna yEna dhAthA gachchathi” (wherever the lord goes, the servitor follows), thaiththirIya bhrugu valli 10.5 “Etham Anandhamayam AthmAnam upasangramya | imAn lOkAn kAmAnnI kAmarUpyanusancharan |” (Approaching the blissful bhagavAn, assuming the desired forms, following the lord in his desires and worlds, AthmA is singing the sAma gAnam), and SrI rAmAyaNam ayOdhyA kANdam 31.22 “kurushva mAmanucharam” (bless me to travel along with you).
- nirantharam – without any break.
- praSAntha … – As said in thiruppAvai 29 “maRRai nam kAmangaL mARRu” (change my desires in other matters), eliminating all the desires with their traces in matters other than your highness.
- kadhA – As said in thiruvAimozhi 3.6.10 “enRu kol kaNgaL kANbadhu” (when will the eyes see?) and thiruvAimozhi 3.2.1 “ennAL yAn unnai ini vandhu kUduvan” (When will I come and unite with you?), you have to tell the boundary of the time [when I will reach you and serve you].
- aham – I who only have ruchi (taste) [for this service] but have no means to achieve it.
- aikAnthika nithya kinkara: – Having a particular specific service which is eternal, as my identity.
- praharshayishAmi – I will bring him great joy [in this manner]. The prApya (goal) for a chEthana is the joy which occurs in emperumAn on receiving his service.
In the next article we will enjoy the next SlOkam.
adiyen sarathy ramanuja dasan
archived in http://divyaprabandham.koyil.org