srImathE satakOpAya nama:
srImathE rAmAnujAya nama:
srImath varavaramunayE nama:
Introduction for this pAsuram
Highlights from thirukkurukaippirAn piLLAn‘s introduction
No specific introduction.
Highlights from nanjIyar‘s introduction
Highlights from vAdhi kEsari azhagiya maNavALa jIyar‘s introduction
Highlights from periyavAchchAn piLLai‘s introduction
See nampiLLai‘s introduction.
aNangu ena Adum en angam
vaNangi vazhipadum Isan
piNangi amarar pithaRRum
guNam kezhu koLgaiyinAnE
Word-by-Word meanings (based on vAdhi kEsari azhagiya maNavALa jIyar‘s 12000 padi)
aNangu ena – like being divinely possessed
Adum – dancing up and down (out of love)
en – my
angam – body
vaNangi vazhipadum – worshiping in the form of offering obeisances, etc
Isan – the one who is the master
amarar – nithyasUris – residents of parampadham who eternally enjoy bhagavAn
piNangi pithaRRum – (based on the qualities enjoyed by them) happily arguing, etc.,
guNam kezhu – abundance of qualities
koLgaiyinAn – one who is situated as such
Simple transalation (based on vAdhi kEsari azhagiya maNavALa jIyar‘s 12000 padi)
emperumAn, the one who has amazing qualities in abundance, is discussed by nithyasUris (based on his various qualities). Such emperumAn is my master who is worshiped by me by offering obeisances, etc., by my body that is dancing up and down like divinely possessed.
The essence – sarvAdhikan (one who is superior to everyone) due to his eternal relationship accepted me as his servant.
Highlights from thirukkurukaippirAn piLLAn‘s vyAkyAnam
See vAdhi kEsari azhagiya maNavALa jIyar‘s translation.
Highlights from nanjIyar‘s vyAkyAnam
See nampiLLai‘s vyAkyAnam.
Highlights from periyavAchchAn piLLai‘s vyAkyAnam
See nampiLLai‘s vyAkyAnam.
- It is explained in two ways:
- emperumAn is “aNangena Adum en angam vaNangi vazhipadum Isan piNangi amarar pithaRRum guNam kezhu koLgaiynAn” (my body dancing like divinely possessed, worships the sarvEsvaran in the form of obeisances, etc., whose qualities are discussed by nithyasUris”.
- “piNangi amarar pithaRRum guNam kezhu koLgaiyinAnAna Isanai anubaviththu aNangu ena Adum en angam vaNangi vazhipadum” (On enjoying bhagavAn whose qualities are discussed by nithuasUris, my body like being possessed will dance and will worship him).
- aNangu ena Adum en angam – dancing like being possessed; worshiping emperumAn as if that is the only work.
- piNangi amarar pithaRRum – While debating the various qualities, one starts with glorifying ones own favourite quality, but ends up glorifying the quality that is favoured by the others; they become upset with each other wanting to glorify each of their favourite qualities – the one who is the abode of such auspicious qualities;
- guNam kezhu koLgaiyinAnE – Just like an ocean having unlimited precious stones/gems/pearls in it, emperumAn who is having unlimited auspicious qualities; One who has such auspicious qualities naturally in full. AzhwAr says he is going through the same emotions like nithyasUris who are sarvagyas (omniscient).
In the next article we will enjoy the next pAsuram.
adiyen sarathy ramanuja dasan
archived in http://divyaprabandham.koyil.org
pramEyam (goal) – http://koyil.org
pramANam (scriptures) – http://srivaishnavagranthams.wordpress.com
pramAthA (preceptors) – http://acharyas.koyil.org
srIvaishNava education/kids portal – http://pillai.koyil.org